IUU Risk Intelligence
independent fisheries EXPERT consultant
IUU fishing, MCS and Fisheries ASSESSMENTS for Developing Countries
Global Fisheries Monitoring Control and Surveillance (MCS) Report
- Dr Pramod_Ganapathiraju has more than 18 years of technical consulting and direct field & research experience in both developing and developed countries concentrating on Fisheries Compliance, IUU Fishing and Seafood Traceability in more than 21 countries.
- Analysis of IUU fishing: Expert in analysing vessel behaviour, predictive analytics and risk assessment of illegal fishing vessels worldwide. I offer services for analysing IUU risk at vessel, company, regional or national level with specialisations at (1) Country level – looking at IUU catches in the EEZ ; OR at specific Fishery level; Company level; Fleet type or risk assessments looking at specific geographic locations.
- Traceability and Catch Documentation: Tracking illegal fishing risks and quantifying illegal catches at vessel, company, fishery or country level using latest illegal fishing risk framework and benchmark IUU threat indicators.
- Monitoring Control and Surveillance (MCS): Short and Long-term Monitoring Control and Surveillance assignments including Training in data collection, analysis of fisheries enforcement data. Developing national frameworks and MCS dashboards to quantify progress with annual surveillance targets (small-scale and industrial fishing fleets). Training in supervision and analysis of surveillance data collated from various Government institutions. Training of Fisheries Officers for conducting inspections at fishing harbours and small-scale landing sites. Capacity building and Training on Port State Control inspections in the Fisheries Sector for Government agencies and their staff. Audits of fisheries catch documentation and inspections in small-scale and industrial fisheries in developing countries.
- Development of National Plan of Action to combat, deter and eliminate IUU Fishing (NPOA-IUU). Technical Assistance for drafting Fisheries Laws and associated Fisheries Regulations for developing countries is also offered.
- Training & Development of Standard Operating Procedures for EU- Catch Certification to comply with IUU Regulation 1005/2008 for Government staff in developing countries. Catch Certification: Technical Assistance to improve traceability and catch certification for Simplified and Regular (COLD/FVFODF/Landing declaration) to comply with EC-IUU Regulation 1005/2008 requirements.
- Fishery Assessments & Fishery Improvement Projects (FIPs): Development of WWF & MSC pre-assessments for private companies aimed at specific fisheries in developing countries (including Public and Confidential audits for clients).