IUU Risk Intelligence is a consulting firm dedicated to provide technical services to promote sustainable management of fisheries resources worldwide. Dr. Pramod has worked in more than 32 countries providing technical expertise in fisheries compliance & MCS projects over a career spanning 21 years. His clients include Government Ministries, UN Agencies, Universities, NGOs, industry partners and international agencies including the World Bank and Forum Fisheries Agency.
- Estimation of IUU fishing catches: Expert in analyzing and predictive analytics of illegal fishing vessels worldwide. I offer services for analyzing IUU risk at vessel, company, regional or national level at two levels (1) Country level – looking at IUU catches in the EEZ ; and (2) Estimating and analyzing IUU risk for seafood products in global supply chains for exports to key market states (USA, Japan, Europe, etc.)
- Traceability and Catch Documentation: Tracing illegal fishing risks and quantifying illegal catches by vessel, company, fishery or country using latest illegal fishing risk framework and indicators.
- Monitoring Control and Surveillance: Short and Long Term Monitoring Control and Surveillance assignments including Training in collection, analysis and management of fisheries enforcement data. Developing national frameworks and MCS dashboards to quantify progress with annual surveillance targets for fishing fleets (small-scale and industrial fishing fleets). Training in supervision and analysis of surveillance data from various Government ministries to estimate compliance. Identify gaps in the current fisheries management system to ensure implementation of national and international laws signed by the country.
- Development of National Plan of Action to combat, deter and eliminate IUU Fishing (NPOA-IUU).
- Technical Assistance for Drafting Fisheries Laws and associated Fisheries Regulations.
- Training & Development of Standard Operating Procedures for EU- Catch Certification to comply with IUU Regulation.
- Training of Fisheries Officers for conducting inspections at fishing harbours and small-scale landing sites. Training on Port State Control inspections in the Fisheries Sector.
- Catch Certification: Technical Assistance to improve traceability and catch certification for Simplified and Regular (COLD/FVFODF/Landing declaration) to comply with EC-IUU Regulation 1005/2008 requirements.
- Audits of fisheries catch documentation and inspections in small-scale and industrial fisheries.
- Fishery Assessments: Development of WWF & MSC pre-assessments for private companies aimed at specific fisheries in developing countries.